Keyword search results
- Exodus 16:23
He said to them, “This is what the Lord commanded: ‘Tomorrow is to be a day of sabbath rest, a holy sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.’”
- Exodus 16:25
“Eat it today,” Moses said, “because today is a sabbath to the Lord. You will not find any of it on the ground today.
- Exodus 16:26
Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any.”
- Exodus 16:29
Bear in mind that the Lord has given you the Sabbath; that is why on the sixth day he gives you bread for two days. Everyone is to stay where they are on the seventh day; no one is to go out.”
- Exodus 20:8
“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
- Exodus 20:10
but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns.
- Exodus 20:11
For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
- Exodus 23:10
[ Sabbath Laws ] “For six years you are to sow your fields and harvest the crops,
- Exodus 31:12
[ The Sabbath ] Then the Lord said to Moses,
- Exodus 31:13
“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 37 Results
“Remember the Sabbath
day by keeping it holy.
- ASS (DONKEY) » DOMESTICATED » Rest on the Sabbath (Exodus 23:12)
- CIRCUMCISION » Rite of, observed on the Sabbath ( John 7:23)
- COVENANT » INSTANCES OF » Of the sabbath (Exodus 31:16)
- DAY » Sabbath day's journey, about two-thousand paces (Acts 1:12)
- DAY » The seventh of the week ordained as a day of rest » See SABBATH
- FAITH » INSTANCES OF FAITH IN CHRIST » The blind man whom Jesus healed on the Sabbath ( John 9:13-38)
- GATES » Closed on the Sabbath (Nehemiah 13:19)
- HARVEST » Sabbath to be observed in (Exodus 34:21)
- HARVEST » Sabbath desecrated in (Nehemiah 13:15-22)
- HOLIDAY » See SABBATH
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.