Keyword search results
- Exodus 16:26
Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day, the sabbath, there will be none.”
- Exodus 16:29
See, the Lord has given you the sabbath; therefore He gives you bread for two days on the sixth day. Remain every man in his place; let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.”
- Exodus 20:10
but the seventh day is a sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you.
- Exodus 20:11
For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.
- Exodus 31:15
For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, holy to the Lord; whoever does any work on the sabbath day shall surely be put to death.
- Exodus 35:2
“For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy day, a sabbath of complete rest to the Lord; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.
- Leviticus 23:3
‘For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a sabbath to the Lord in all your dwellings.
- Deuteronomy 5:14
but the seventh day is a sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant or your ox or your donkey or any of your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you, so that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you.
Topical index results 140 Results
- ACRE » The indefinite quantity of land a yoke of oxen could plow in a day, with the kinds of plows, and modes of plowing, used in the times referred to (1 Samuel 14:14; Isaiah 5:10)
- ARK » IN THE TABERNACLE. Called THE ARK » Ceremonies connected with, on the day of atonement (Leviticus 16:13-15)
- ASS (DONKEY) » DOMESTICATED » Rest on the Sabbath (Exodus 23:12)
- BIRDS » Creation of, on the fifth creative day (Genesis 1:20-30)
- BIRDS » Songs of, at the break of day (Psalms 104:12; Ecclesiastes 12:4; Song of Solomon 2:12)
- CIRCUMCISION » Performed on all males on the eighth day (Genesis 17:12,13; Leviticus 12:3; Philippians 3:5)
- CIRCUMCISION » Rite of, observed on the Sabbath ( John 7:23)
- COVENANT » INSTANCES OF » Of the sabbath (Exodus 31:16)
- CYMBAL » Used on special occasions » Day of atonement (2 Chronicles 29:25)
- DAY » Th sixth day of the week called preparation day (Mark 15:42; John 19:14,31,42)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation