Keyword search results
- 1 Kings 8:47
and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;
- 2 Chronicles 6:37
and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;
- 2 Chronicles 32:26
Then Hezekiah repented of the pride of his heart, as did the people of Jerusalem; therefore the Lord’s wrath did not come on them during the days of Hezekiah.
- Job 34:33
Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent? You must decide, not I; so tell me what you know.
- Job 36:10
He makes them listen to correction and commands them to repent of their evil.
- Job 42:6
Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.”
- Proverbs 1:23
Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.
- Isaiah 30:15
This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.
- Isaiah 59:20
“The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.
- Jeremiah 5:3
Lord, do not your eyes look for truth? You struck them, but they felt no pain; you crushed them, but they refused correction. They made their faces harder than stone and refused to repent.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 38 Results
Peter replied, “Repent
and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- ISAIAH » PROPHECIES, REPROOFS, AND EXHORTATIONS OF » Exhorts the people to repent (Isaiah 43:22-28)
- ISRAEL » UNDER THE JUDGES » Renew their idolatry, and are put under tribute to the king of Moab during eighteen years, repent and are delivered by Ehud, eighty years of peace follow (Judges 3:12-30)
- ISRAEL » UNDER THE JUDGES » The people backslide, and are given over to the Philistines for chastisement for eighteen years; they repent and turn to the Lord; they are delivered by Jephthah (Judges 10:6-18;)
- JOY » INSTANCES OF » Of angels, when sinners repent (Luke 15:7,10)
- SAMUEL » Israelites repent because of his reproofs and warnings (1 Samuel 7:4-6)
- CONTRITION » See REPENTANCE
- CONVICTION » FROM GOD » See REPENTANCE
- GIFTS FROM GOD » SPIRITUAL » Repentance (Acts 11:18)
- GOD » Repentance attributed to (Genesis 6:6,7; Exodus 32:14; Judges 2:18; 1 Samuel 15:35; 2 Samuel 24:1)
- GOD » ACCESS TO » See REPENTANCE
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.