Keyword search results
- Matthew 6:9
Pray like this: Our Father who is in heaven, uphold the holiness of your name.
- Luke 18:11
The Pharisee stood and prayed about himself with these words, ‘God, I thank you that I’m not like everyone else—crooks, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector.
- 1 Peter 3:7
Husbands, likewise, submit by living with your wife in ways that honor her, knowing that she is the weaker partner. Honor her all the more, as she is also a coheir of the gracious care of life. Do this so that your prayers won’t be hindered.
- Prayer of Azariah 1:2
While standing and praying in the middle of the fire, Azariah spoke like this:
- 2 Maccabees 1:24
The prayer went like this: Lord, Lord God, creator of all, you are fearsome, mighty, just, and merciful. You are the only king and only generous one.
- 2 Maccabees 15:22
He prayed like this: “You, my Lord, sent your angel to Hezekiah king of Judah and he killed one hundred eighty-five thousand from Sennacherib’s camp.
Topical index results 160 Results
- AMBITION » Parable of the thistle, illustrating (2 Kings 14:9)
- BOTANY » See THISTLE
- CHIDING » Abimelech chides Abraham for a like offense (Genesis 9:10)
- CRIME » PARTIAL LISTS OF » See THEFT, and the like
- DECEIT » Saints » Pray for deliverance from those who use (Psalms 43:1;120:2)
- FAITH » INSTANCES OF TRIAL OF » Daniel, when forbidden to pray to Jehovah (Daniel 6:4-23; Hebrews 11:32,33)
- GALL » Any bitter or poisonous substance, like bile (Job 16:13)
- GOURD » The wild gourd in this case is supposed to be a plant like the cucumber (in appearance) (2 Kings 4:39)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » Teaches his disciples to pray (Luke 11:1-13)
- JOHN » Teaches his disciples to pray (Luke 11:1)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
Common English Bible (CEB)
Copyright © 2011 by Common English Bible