Keyword search results
- Genesis 4:3
So it came about in the course of time that Cain brought an offering to the Lord of the fruit of the ground.
- Genesis 4:4
Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the Lord had regard for Abel and for his offering;
- Genesis 4:5
but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard. So Cain became very angry and his countenance fell.
- Genesis 8:20
Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
- Genesis 22:1
[ The Offering of Isaac ] Now it came about after these things, that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.”
- Genesis 22:2
He said, “Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Isaac, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you.”
- Genesis 22:3
So Abraham rose early in the morning and saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him and Isaac his son; and he split wood for the burnt offering, and arose and went to the place of which God had told him.
- Genesis 22:6
Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son, and he took in his hand the fire and the knife. So the two of them walked on together.
- Genesis 22:7
Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” And he said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”
- Genesis 22:8
Abraham said, “God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” So the two of them walked on together.
More results from New American Standard Bible
Topical index results 129 Results
2 Corinthians 9:7
Each one must do
just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- ABOMINATION » Things that are, to God » Offering seed to Molech (Leviticus 18:21)
- ABOMINATION » Things that are, to God » Offering children in sacrifice (Deuteronomy 18:10)
- ABRAHAM » Trial of his faith in the offering of Isaac (Genesis 22:1-19; Hebrews 11:17; James 2:21)
- BLOOD » SACRIFICIAL » On the horns of the altar of sweet incense, and at the bottom of the altar of burnt offering (Exodus 30:10; Leviticus 4:7,18,25,30;5:9;9:9,12)
- BLOOD » SACRIFICIAL » Of the bullock of sin offering, put on the horns of the altar (Exodus 29:12; Leviticus 8:15)
- BREASTPLATE » For high priest » Freewill offering of materials for (Exodus 35:9,27)
- CATTLE » See OFFERING
- CENSER » Used for offering incense (Leviticus 16:12; Numbers 4:14;16:6,7,16-18,46; Revelation 8:3)
- COURAGE » INSTANCES OF THE COURAGE OF CONVICTION » In offering Isaac (Genesis 22:1-14)
- COVENANT » OF MEN WITH MEN » By offering a sacrifice (Genesis 15:9-17; Jeremiah 34:18,19)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation