Keyword search results
- Matthew 2:19
[ The Return to Nazareth ] After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt
- Matthew 2:23
and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets, that he would be called a Nazarene.
- Matthew 4:13
Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali—
- Matthew 21:11
The crowds answered, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”
- Matthew 26:71
Then he went out to the gateway, where another servant girl saw him and said to the people there, “This fellow was with Jesus of Nazareth.”
- Mark 1:9
[ The Baptism and Testing of Jesus ] At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
- Mark 1:24
“What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”
- Mark 10:47
When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
- Luke 1:26
[ The Birth of Jesus Foretold ] In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,
- Luke 2:4
So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 19 Results
[ A Prophet Without Honor
] Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. “Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him? What are these remarkable miracles he is performing? Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him. ...
- ANGER » INSTANCES OF » The people of Nazareth, toward Jesus (Luke 4:28)
- BETHLEHEM » A town of Zebulun, six miles west of Nazareth (Joshua 19:15)
- BIGOTRY » INSTANCES OF » In rejecting the teachings of Jesus at Nazareth (Luke 4:28)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » The angel Gabriel appears to Mary (at Nazareth) (Luke 1:26-38)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » An angel appears to Joseph concerning Mary (at Nazareth) (Matthew 1:18-25)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » Is rejected by the people of Nazareth; lives at Capernaum (Matthew 4:13-16; Luke 4:16-31)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » Returns to Nazareth (Matthew 13:53-58; Mark 6:1-6)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » NAMES, APPELLATIONS, AND TITLES OF » Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 1:24; Luke 24:19)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » NAMES, APPELLATIONS, AND TITLES OF » Jesus (of Nazareth), King of the Jews ( John 19:19; Matthew 27:37)
- JOSEPH » Husband of Mary » Lives at Nazareth (Luke 2:4)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.