Keyword search results
- Genesis 2:11
The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold.
- Genesis 2:13
The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush.
- Genesis 2:14
The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Ashur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.
- Genesis 2:19
Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.
- Genesis 2:20
So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adam no suitable helper was found.
- Genesis 3:20
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.
- Genesis 4:17
Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.
- Genesis 4:19
Lamech married two women, one named Adah and the other Zillah.
- Genesis 4:21
His brother’s name was Jubal; he was the father of all who play stringed instruments and pipes.
- Genesis 4:25
Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 194 Results
A good name
is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.
- ADAM » A name of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:45,47)
- AHOLAH » Name of an imaginary woman, typical of idolatry (Ezekiel 23:4,5,36,44)
- AMMI » A figurative name given to Israel (Hosea 2:1)
- ANDREW » His name appears in the list of the apostles in (Matthew 10:2; Mark 3:18; Luke 6:14)
- ARIEL » A symbolical name for Jerusalem (Isaiah 29:1,2,7)
- ARMAGEDDON » A symbolical name (Revelation 16:16)
- ASAIAH » A Levite » Probably identical with a man of same name mentioned in (1 Chronicles 15:6,11)
- ASHNAH » Name of two towns in Judah (Joshua 15:33,43)
- AVEN » Another name for ON (Ezekiel 30:17)
- AZARIAH » Hebrew name of ABED-NEGO (Daniel 1:7,19)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.