Keyword search results
- Exodus 17:7
And he called the place Massah and Meribah because the Israelites quarreled and because they tested the Lord saying, “Is the Lord among us or not?”
- Numbers 20:13
These were the waters of Meribah, where the Israelites quarreled with the Lord and where he was proved holy among them.
- Numbers 20:24
“Aaron will be gathered to his people. He will not enter the land I give the Israelites, because both of you rebelled against my command at the waters of Meribah.
- Numbers 27:14
for when the community rebelled at the waters in the Desert of Zin, both of you disobeyed my command to honor me as holy before their eyes.” (These were the waters of Meribah Kadesh, in the Desert of Zin.)
- Deuteronomy 32:51
This is because both of you broke faith with me in the presence of the Israelites at the waters of Meribah Kadesh in the Desert of Zin and because you did not uphold my holiness among the Israelites.
- Deuteronomy 33:8
About Levi he said: “Your Thummim and Urim belong to your faithful servant. You tested him at Massah; you contended with him at the waters of Meribah.
- Psalm 81:7
In your distress you called and I rescued you, I answered you out of a thundercloud; I tested you at the waters of Meribah.
- Psalm 95:8
“Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah, as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness,
- Psalm 106:32
By the waters of Meribah they angered the Lord, and trouble came to Moses because of them;
- Ezekiel 47:19
“On the south side it will run from Tamar as far as the waters of Meribah Kadesh, then along the Wadi of Egypt to the Mediterranean Sea. This will be the southern boundary.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 8 Results
- BACKSLIDERS » INSTANCES OF ISRAEL'S BACKSLIDING » At Meribah (Exodus 17:1-7)
- GOD » INSTANCES OF » Supplying water at Meribah (Numbers 20:7-11; Nehemiah 9:10-25)
- ISRAEL » (Usually, in lists, the names of Levi and Joseph, » Water miraculously supplied from the rock at Meribah (Exodus 17:5-7)
- ISRAEL » (Usually, in lists, the names of Levi and Joseph, » Complain for lack of water in Meribah; the rock is struck (Numbers 20:1-13)
- MASSAH » See MERIBAH
- MERIBAH » Meribah-kadesh, fountain in the desert of Zin (Numbers 20:13,24)
- PRESUMPTION » INSTANCES OF » Complaining at Meribah (Exodus 17:2,7)
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.