Keyword search results
- Genesis 31:27
Why did you run off secretly and deceive me? Why didn’t you tell me, so I could send you away with joy and singing to the music of timbrels and harps?
- Leviticus 9:24
Fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown.
- Deuteronomy 16:14
Be joyful at your festival—you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, and the Levites, the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns.
- Deuteronomy 16:15
For seven days celebrate the festival to the Lord your God at the place the Lord will choose. For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.
- Deuteronomy 28:47
Because you did not serve the Lord your God joyfully and gladly in the time of prosperity,
- Judges 9:19
So have you acted honorably and in good faith toward Jerub-Baal and his family today? If you have, may Abimelek be your joy, and may you be his, too!
- 1 Samuel 18:6
When the men were returning home after David had killed the Philistine, the women came out from all the towns of Israel to meet King Saul with singing and dancing, with joyful songs and with timbrels and lyres.
- 1 Kings 8:66
On the following day he sent the people away. They blessed the king and then went home, joyful and glad in heart for all the good things the Lord had done for his servant David and his people Israel.
- 1 Chronicles 12:40
Also, their neighbors from as far away as Issachar, Zebulun and Naphtali came bringing food on donkeys, camels, mules and oxen. There were plentiful supplies of flour, fig cakes, raisin cakes, wine, olive oil, cattle and sheep, for there was joy in Israel.
- 1 Chronicles 15:16
David told the leaders of the Levites to appoint their fellow Levites as musicians to make a joyful sound with musical instruments: lyres, harps and cymbals.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 27 Results
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy
, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
- MISCELLANY OF MINOR SUB-TOPICS » OF SAINTS » Joy under (Job 5:17; James 5:11)
- MISCELLANY OF MINOR SUB-TOPICS » OF SAINTS » End in joy and blessedness (Psalms 126:5,6; Isaiah 61:2,3; Matthew 5:4; 1 Peter 4:13,14)
- BRIDEGROOM » Joy with (Matthew 9:15; Mark 2:19,20; Luke 5:34,35)
- CUP » FIGURATIVE » Of joy (Psalms 23:5)
- DAVID » King of Israel » After three months, David brings the ark of the covenant to Jerusalem with dancing and great joy (2 Samuel 6:12-16; 1 Chronicles 13)
- GLADNESS » See JOY
- GLORY » The joy of saints is full of (1 Peter 1:8)
- HAPPINESS » OF THE RIGHTEOUS » See JOY
- HARVEST » Celebrated with joy (Judges 9:27; Isaiah 9:3;16:10; Jeremiah 48:33)
- JERUSALEM » Called » THE PERFECTION OF BEAUTY, THE JOY OF THE WHOLE EARTH (Lamentations 2:15)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.