Keyword search results
- Genesis 32:28
Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”
- Genesis 32:32
Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob’s hip was touched near the tendon.
- Genesis 33:20
There he set up an altar and called it El Elohe Israel.
- Genesis 34:7
Meanwhile, Jacob’s sons had come in from the fields as soon as they heard what had happened. They were shocked and furious, because Shechem had done an outrageous thing in Israel by sleeping with Jacob’s daughter—a thing that should not be done.
- Genesis 35:10
God said to him, “Your name is Jacob, but you will no longer be called Jacob; your name will be Israel.” So he named him Israel.
- Genesis 35:21
Israel moved on again and pitched his tent beyond Migdal Eder.
- Genesis 35:22
While Israel was living in that region, Reuben went in and slept with his father’s concubine Bilhah, and Israel heard of it. Jacob had twelve sons:
- Genesis 36:31
[ The Rulers of Edom ] These were the kings who reigned in Edom before any Israelite king reigned:
- Genesis 37:3
Now Israel loved Joseph more than any of his other sons, because he had been born to him in his old age; and he made an ornate robe for him.
- Genesis 37:13
and Israel said to Joseph, “As you know, your brothers are grazing the flocks near Shechem. Come, I am going to send you to them.” “Very well,” he replied.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 645 Results
- AARON » Commissioned as a deliverer of Israel (Exodus 6:13,26,27; Joshua 24:5; 1 Samuel 12:8; Psalms 77:20;:)
- AARON » Judges Israel in the absence of Moses (Exodus 24:14)
- ABDON » A judge of Israel, in the time of the judges (Judges 12:13-15)
- ADOPTION » TYPIFIED, in Israel (Exodus 4:22)
- AFFLICTIONS AND ADVERSITIES » Exemplified » Israel (Deuteronomy 8:3,5)
- AHAB » King of Israel (1 Kings 16:29)
- ALLIANCES » INSTANCES OF » Canaanitish nations against Israel (Joshua 9:1,2)
- AMALEKITES » Israel commanded to destroy (Deuteronomy 25:17-19; 1 Samuel 28:18)
- AMMI » A figurative name given to Israel (Hosea 2:1)
- AMMONITES » Excluded from the congregation of Israel (Deuteronomy 23:3-6)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.