2 Samuel 11
[ David and Bathsheba ] In the spring, at the time when kings go off to war, David sent Joab out with the king’s men and the whole Israelite army. They destroyed the Ammonites and besieged Rabbah. But David remained in Jerusalem. One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.” ...
Keyword search results
- Ruth 4:17
The women living there said, “Naomi has a son!” And they named him Obed. He was the father of Jesse, the father of David.
- Ruth 4:18
[ The Genealogy of David ] This, then, is the family line of Perez: Perez was the father of Hezron,
- Ruth 4:22
Obed the father of Jesse, and Jesse the father of David.
- 1 Samuel 16:1
[ Samuel Anoints David ] The Lord said to Samuel, “How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king.”
- 1 Samuel 16:13
So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David. Samuel then went to Ramah.
- 1 Samuel 16:14
[ David in Saul’s Service ] Now the Spirit of the Lord had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord tormented him.
- 1 Samuel 16:19
Then Saul sent messengers to Jesse and said, “Send me your son David, who is with the sheep.”
- 1 Samuel 16:20
So Jesse took a donkey loaded with bread, a skin of wine and a young goat and sent them with his son David to Saul.
- 1 Samuel 16:21
David came to Saul and entered his service. Saul liked him very much, and David became one of his armor-bearers.
- 1 Samuel 16:22
Then Saul sent word to Jesse, saying, “Allow David to remain in my service, for I am pleased with him.”
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 692 Results
- ABI-ALBON » One of David's heroes (2 Samuel 23:31; 1 Chronicles 11:32)
- ABIATHAR » High priest. Called AHIMELECH in » Escapes to David from the vengeance of Saul, who slew the priests in the City of Nob (1 Samuel 22:20-23; with22:6-19)
- ABIATHAR » High priest. Called AHIMELECH in » Consults the ephod for David (1 Samuel 22:9-12;30:9-12)
- ABIATHAR » High priest. Called AHIMELECH in » Associate high priest with Zadok in the reign of David (1 Samuel 15:35;20:25; 1 Kings 4:4; 1 Chronicles 15:11)
- ABIATHAR » High priest. Called AHIMELECH in » Loyal to David when Absalom rebelled; leaves Jerusalem with the ark of the covenant, but is directed by David to return with the ark (1 Samuel 15:24-29)
- ABIATHAR » High priest. Called AHIMELECH in » Helps David by sending his son from Jerusalem to David with secret information concerning the counsel of Ahithophel (1 Samuel 15:35,36;17:15-22; 1 Kings 2:26)
- ABIEZER » One of David's heroes (1 Samuel 23:27; 1 Chronicles 27:12)
- ABIGAIL » Nabal's wife » Her wisdom and tact, and marriage to David (1 Samuel 25;27:3; 2 Samuel 2:2)
- ABIGAIL » Nabal's wife » Mother of Chileab by David (2 Samuel 3:3; 1 Chronicles 3:1)
- ABIGAIL » Nabal's wife » Taken captive and rescued by David (1 Samuel 30:1-18)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.