Keyword search results
- Genesis 17:1
[ The Covenant of Circumcision ] When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless.
- Genesis 17:11
You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you.
- Exodus 4:26
So the Lord let him alone. (At that time she said “bridegroom of blood,” referring to circumcision.)
- Joshua 5:2
[ Circumcision and Passover at Gilgal ] At that time the Lord said to Joshua, “Make flint knives and circumcise the Israelites again.”
- John 7:22
Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs), you circumcise a boy on the Sabbath.
- Acts 7:8
Then he gave Abraham the covenant of circumcision. And Abraham became the father of Isaac and circumcised him eight days after his birth. Later Isaac became the father of Jacob, and Jacob became the father of the twelve patriarchs.
- Romans 2:25
Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised.
- Romans 2:27
The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.
- Romans 2:28
A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.
- Romans 2:29
No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 22 Results
1 Corinthians 7:19
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.
- ABRAHAM » Circumcision of (Genesis 17:10-14,23-27)
- BIGOTRY » INSTANCES OF » In regard to circumcision (Acts 15:1-10,24; Galatians 2:3-5)
- CHILDREN » Circumcision of
- CHILDREN » See CIRCUMCISION
- CONCISION » A term for "over-zealous" circumcision (Philippians 3:2)
- COVENANT » INSTANCES OF » See CIRCUMCISION
- DISEASE » INSTANCES OF » See CIRCUMCISION
- GILGAL » Place of the first encampment of the Israelites we » Circumcision renewed at (Joshua 5:2-9)
- ISRAEL » (Usually, in lists, the names of Levi and Joseph, » Circumcision observed and the Passover celebrated (Joshua 5)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » Circumcision of (at Bethlehem) (Luke 2:21)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.