Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. ...
Keyword search results
- Genesis 2:4
[ Adam and Eve ] This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.
- Genesis 2:20
So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adam no suitable helper was found.
- Genesis 2:25
Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
- Genesis 3:17
To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’ “Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life.
- Genesis 3:20
Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.
- Genesis 3:21
The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.
- Genesis 4:1
[ Cain and Abel ] Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man.”
- Genesis 4:25
Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”
- Genesis 5:1
[ From Adam to Noah ] This is the written account of Adam’s family line. When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God.
- Genesis 5:3
When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 37 Results
- ABEL » Son of Adam. History of (Genesis 4:1-15,25)
- BANISHMENT » Of Adam and Eve, from Eden (Genesis 3:22-24)
- CAIN » Son of Adam (Genesis 4:1)
- CONSCIENCE » INSTANCES OF » Of Adam and Eve, after they sinned (Genesis 3:7,8)
- CONVICTION » INSTANCES OF » Adam and Eve, after their disobedience (Genesis 3:8-10)
- COVENANT » INSTANCES OF » With Adam (Genesis 2:16,17)
- COWARDICE » INSTANCES OF » Adam, in attempting to shift responsibility for his sin upon Eve (Genesis 3:12)
- CURSE » Denounced » Against Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:15-19)
- DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD » INSTANCES OF » Of Adam and Eve, eating the forbidden fruit (Genesis 3:6-11)
- EVE » Named by Adam (Genesis 2:23;3:20)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.