[ Deborah ] Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, now that Ehud was dead. So the Lord sold them into the hands of Jabin king of Canaan, who reigned in Hazor. Sisera, the commander of his army, was based in Harosheth Haggoyim. Because he had nine hundred chariots fitted with iron and had cruelly oppressed the Israelites for twenty years, they cried to the Lord for help. ...
Keyword search results
- Genesis 35:8
Now Deborah, Rebekah’s nurse, died and was buried under the oak outside Bethel. So it was named Allon Bakuth.
- Judges 4:1
[ Deborah ] Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, now that Ehud was dead.
- Judges 4:4
Now Deborah, a prophet, the wife of Lappidoth, was leading Israel at that time.
- Judges 4:5
She held court under the Palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went up to her to have their disputes decided.
- Judges 4:9
“Certainly I will go with you,” said Deborah. “But because of the course you are taking, the honor will not be yours, for the Lord will deliver Sisera into the hands of a woman.” So Deborah went with Barak to Kedesh.
- Judges 4:10
There Barak summoned Zebulun and Naphtali, and ten thousand men went up under his command. Deborah also went up with him.
- Judges 4:14
Then Deborah said to Barak, “Go! This is the day the Lord has given Sisera into your hands. Has not the Lord gone ahead of you?” So Barak went down Mount Tabor, with ten thousand men following him.
- Judges 5:1
[ The Song of Deborah ] On that day Deborah and Barak son of Abinoam sang this song:
- Judges 5:7
Villagers in Israel would not fight; they held back until I, Deborah, arose, until I arose, a mother in Israel.
- Judges 5:12
‘Wake up, wake up, Deborah! Wake up, wake up, break out in song! Arise, Barak! Take captive your captives, son of Abinoam.’
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 37 Results
- ASHER » Tribe of: Census of, by families » Upbraided by Deborah (Judges 5:17)
- BENJAMIN » TRIBE OF » Join Deborah in the war against Sisera (Judges 5:14)
- BETH-EL » A city north of Jerusalem » Deborah dies at (Genesis 35:8)
- BETH-EL » A city north of Jerusalem » By Deborah (Judges 4:5)
- BURIAL » BURYING PLACES » Under trees, Deborah's (Genesis 35:8)
- CHIDING » Deborah chides Israel in her epic (Judges 5:16-23)
- COURAGE » INSTANCES OF PERSONAL BRAVERY » Deborah, in leading Israel's armies (Judges 4)
- DAN » TRIBE OF » Deborah rebukes, for their cowardice (Judges 5:17)
- EN-DOR » Deborah triumphs at, over Sisera (Judges 4; Psalms 83:10)
- EPIC » Deborah's song (Judges 5)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.