Keyword search results
- Genesis 37:5
Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more.
- Genesis 37:8
His brothers said to him, “Do you intend to reign over us? Will you actually rule us?” And they hated him all the more because of his dream and what he had said.
- Exodus 1:12
But the more they were oppressed, the more they multiplied and spread; so the Egyptians came to dread the Israelites
- Ecclesiastes 1:18
For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.
- Ecclesiastes 6:11
The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?
- Hosea 4:7
The more priests there were, the more they sinned against me; they exchanged their glorious God for something disgraceful.
- Hosea 11:2
But the more they were called, the more they went away from me. They sacrificed to the Baals and they burned incense to images.
- Matthew 23:23
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
- Mark 7:36
Jesus commanded them not to tell anyone. But the more he did so, the more they kept talking about it.
- Mark 10:48
Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
More results from New International Version
Topical index results 285 Results
- AROER » A city built, or, probably more correctly, rebuilt, by the Gadites (Numbers 32:34; Joshua 13:25)
- BETHSAIDA » Desert of, east of the sea of Galilee, Jesus feeds more than five thousand people in (Luke 9:10; Matthew 14:13; Mark 6:32)
- BRASS » (Or more probably COPPER)
- FLAGON » Erroneously translated (A. V.) flagon of wine, but more accurately, cake of raisin (R. V.) (Hosea 3:1; 2 Samuel 6:19; Song of Solomon 2:15)
- GERA » Possibly the name of three men; more probably of one
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » Feeds more than four-thousand people (Matthew 15:32-39; Mark 8:1-9)
- JESUS, THE CHRIST » HISTORY OF » Appears to the apostles and more than five-hundred followers on a mountain in Galilee (Matthew 28:16-20)
- OTHER SCRIPTURES RELATING TO HIS MESSIAHSHIP » MIRACLES OF » More than five-thousand people fed (Matthew 14:15-21; Mark 6:35-44; Luke 9:12-17; John 6:5-14)
- OTHER SCRIPTURES RELATING TO HIS MESSIAHSHIP » MIRACLES OF » More than four-thousand people fed (Matthew 15:32-39; Mark 8:1-9)
- KNOWLEDGE » Of more value than gold (Proverbs 8:10)
More results from Nave's Topical Bible
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.