All the Men of the Bible - Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Joash, Jehoash [Jō'ash,Jēhō'ăsh]—jehovah supports, is strong or hastens to help.
- A son of Becher, a Benjamite (1 Chron. 7:8).
- An officer who had charge of David’s oil-cellars (1 Chron. 27:28).
- A son of Manasseh and father of Gideon, of the family of Abiezer (Judg. 6:11-31; 7:14; 8:12, 32).
- A son of Ahab, king of Israel (1 Kings 22:26; 2 Chron. 18:25).
- A son of Ahaziah, king of Judah (2 Kings 11:2). Also called Jehoash.
- A son of Jehoahaz, and grandson of Jehu (2 Kings 13).
- A descendant of Shelah, son of Judah (1 Chron. 4:22).
- A Benjamite of Gibeah who joined David at Ziklag (1 Chron. 12:3).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!