All the Men of the Bible - Thursday, January 9, 2014
Shechaniah [Shĕcha nī'ah]—jehovah is a neighbour or jehovah hath dwelt.
- Head of a family of David’s house, but not in succession to the throne (1 Chron. 3:21, 22).
- A descendant of a family that returned with Ezra from exile (Ezra 8:3).
- Another whose descendants returned from exile (Ezra 8:5).
- A son of Jehiel who first confessed the trespass of taking strange, or non-Jewish wives (Ezra 10:2).
- Father of Shemaiah who helped to repair the wall (Neh. 3:29).
- Father-in-law of Tobiah, the Ammonite who opposed Nehemiah (Neh. 6:18).
- A priest who returned with Zerubbabel (Neh. 12:3).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!