All the Men of the Bible - Monday, November 4, 2013
Sheba [Shē'bă]—seventh, an oath or captivity.
- Son of Raamah, son of Cush, son of Ham (Gen. 10:7; 1 Chron. 1:9).
- Son of Joktan of the family of Shem (Gen. 10:28; 1 Chron. 1:22).
- Son of Jokshan, son of Abraham by Keturah (Gen. 25:3; 1 Chron. 1:32).
- A son of Bichri who rebelled against David after Absalom’s death. This worthless adventurer, who snatched at what he thought was a chance of winning the sovereignty of northern Israel, had his head cut off by the people of Abel (2 Sam. 20:1-22).
- A chief Gadite, dwelling in Gibeah in Bashan (1 Chron. 5:13, 16). Also the name of the Arabian home of the Queen of Sheba (1 Kings 10:1) and a city in Simeon (Josh. 19:2).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!