All the Men of the Bible - Friday, September 27, 2013
Hilkiah [Hĭlkī'ah]—portion of jehovah or jehovah is protection.
- The father of Eliakim who was over Hezekiah’s household (2 Kings 18:18, 26, 37; Isa. 22:20; 36:3, 22).
- High priest in king Josiah’s reign (2 Kings 22:4-14; 23:4, 24).
- A descendant of Merari, son of Levi (1 Chron. 6:45).
- A son of Hosah, descendant of Merari, and a gatekeeper at the Tabernacle (1 Chron. 26:11).
- A priest who stood with Ezra as he read the law to the people (Neh. 8:4; 11:11; 12:7, 21).
- A priest of Anathoth and father of the prophet Jeremiah and contemporary of Gemariah (Jer. 1:1).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!