All the Men of the Bible - Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Mattaniah [Mătta nī'ah]—gift of jehovah.
- A brother of Jehoiakim, made king instead of his nephew, Jehoiakim, also called Zedekiah (2 Kings 24:17).
- A Levite, descendant of Asaph and founder of a tribal family (1 Chron. 9:15; 2 Chron. 20:14; Neh. 11:17, 22; 12:8, 25, 35).
- A son of Heman the singer in David’s time (1 Chron. 25:4, 16).
- A descendant of Asaph who assisted Hezekiah in the cleansing of the Temple (2 Chron. 29:13).
- A descendant of Elam who had married a foreign wife (Ezra 10:26).
- A son of Zattu who had done the same (Ezra 10:27).
- One of the family of Pahath-moab who had done the same (Ezra 10:30).
- A son of Bani guilty of the same act (Ezra 10:37).
- A Levite whose descendant, Hanan, was one of Nehemiah’s treasurers (Neh. 13:13).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!