All the Men of the Bible - Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Joram [Jō'ram]—jehovah is high.
- A son of Toi, king of Zobah (2 Sam. 8:10). Called Hadoram, meaning “Hadah is exalted” (1 Chron. 18:10).
- A son of Jehoshaphat, who reigned for eight years (2 Kings 8:16-19; 11:2; 1 Chron. 3:11; Matt. 1:8). Called also Jehoram.
- A son of Ahab, king of Israel, who reigned for eleven years. With him the dynasty of Omri ceased (2 Kings 8:16-29). Called also Jehoram.
- A Levite, descendant of Eliezer the son of Moses (1 Chron. 26:25).
- One of the priests sent by Jehoshaphat to instruct the people (2 Chron. 17:8).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.
Have All the Men of the Bible delivered to your inbox!