Last month, we challenged Bible Gateway visitors to spend one month reading a passage of Scripture each day through the One Day at a Time devotional. To everyone who gave it a try, congratulations! We hope that having seen the value of daily Scripture engagement, you’re making Bible reading a part of your daily routine.
If you enjoyed the One Day at a Time readings, you can find many more of them in the NIV Once-a-Day Bible, from which the email devotional was drawn. If you liked the daily email format of One Day at a Time, you might find one of these Bible Gateway email resources to be a good next step:
- A year-long Bible reading plan, if you want to make Bible reading a serious part of your day. Although our Bible reading plans started on January 1, there’s no penalty for joining in mid-way through. We have one plan that reads through the New Testament in a year (a good choice if you want a lighter daily reading), and two that combine Old and New Testament readings each day.
- A Verse of the Day email, if you’re looking for a short piece of Biblical inspiration each morning.
- If you want to combine your daily Bible reading with a short essay or set of reflection questions, we have devotionals covering a wide range of topics and audiences.
If you liked the limited-timespan of the One Day at a Time devotional, you might find the 40-Day Journey with Dietrich Bonhoeffer, currently underway, to be an equally focused devotional experience.
- One Day at a Time: Take the 30-Day Devotional Challenge
- 30-Day Devotional Challenge Begins Tomorrow!
- “40 Day Journey with Dietrich Bonhoeffer” Devotional Going Strong
- Bible in 90 Days reading challenge starts today!
- New email devotional for men: NIV Devotions for Men
Posted by Andy