In September last year, the Committee on Bible Translation announced that it would release an updated version of the NIV. The goal of the update was to maintain and strengthen the NIV’s existing focus on transparency to the original text and ease of understanding for a broad audience.
After a year of scholarly review and revision, the updated, fully searchable NIV is making its debut appearance at BibleGateway.com on November 1! The print version will follow in early 2011. You can read the press release announcing the news here.
We’re also proud to announce that the release of the NIV will accompany the unveiling of the beta version of a new and improved Bible Gateway website. You’ll have the chance to visit the beta website and tell us what you think; we’ll use your feedback to make the new site even better. Accessing the beta site will require that you create an account and log in to try out the new features, including:
- View the updated NIV text in parallel with the TNIV and NIV 1984
- Share any verse or passage using your favorite social media or email
- Keep up with your daily devotionals or Bible reading plans
- Send us your feedback on exactly what you think about the new site
So visit BibleGateway.com on November 1 to check out the updated NIV and take the beta website for a spin! We’ll have more details to share about each of these in the coming weeks, so check back here for the latest news.
- Announcing the new Bible Gateway Store!
- New Bible added: Today’s New International Version
- New Living Translation updated to second edition
- Take the Bible Gateway with you at mobile.biblegateway.com
Posted by Andy